Winning hedge strategies in September were:
- Managed Futures, where funds increased by 3.6%
- Dedicated Short Bias, where funds were up by 2.9%, and
- Global Macro, where funds rose by 1.2%
In comparison, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell by 11.1%, the S&P 500, slid down by 8.2%, and the Nasdaq decreased by 17%
Last month, dedicated short bias strategies led the way, with a 3.7% increase, versus the 2.5% return recorded by managed futures approaches.
Year to Date
The best-performing strategies on a year to date basis were:
- Global Macro, which is up by 14.6%,
- Convertible Arbitrage, which boasts returns of 12.2%, and
- Dedicated Short Bias, were funds have increased by 10.7%
The CSFB/Tremont Hedge Fund Index returned 136.0% for the 93-month period since inception in January 1, 1994.
Performance for the CSFB/Tremont Hedge Fund Index, which comprises 375 funds, and the nine style-driven sub-indices are calculated monthly for capitalization and return. The Index is reselected quarterly.
« Intacct Users Gain Access to The Principal Plans