In its announcement the company said CoverEdge is a customized program offering immediate access to health benefits for employees who were previously ineligible or could not afford company benefits, and offers employers a turnkey benefit solution including employee communication materials and administrative support. The plan is offered through a partnership with Fringe Benefit Group.
CoverEdge covers many of an employee’s routine health care needs, such as doctor’s visits for illness and preventive care and non-occupational accident coverage, according to the announcement.
Depending on the plan design chosen by the employer, the plan may include the following benefits:
- Payment for doctor office visits, maternity check-ups, accidents, surgical diagnostic, x-ray and lab,
- In-hospital benefit payment and hospital admission benefit payment,
- Limited or no restrictions on physicians networks,
- Prescription benefit (Rx) – no annual maximums,
- Guaranteed issue coverage – no health underwriting,
- No pre-existing condition limitations,
- No deductibles, no co-pays,
- Pre-tax deduction under IRS Sec. 125, and
- No carrier mandated benefit periods.
Each medical plan may also include network and prescription drug discount programs for savings on Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx and other services. Optional benefits available through the CoverEdge program include increased levels of insurance for Dental/Vision, Life and AD&D, Short Term Disability, EAP, and a 24-hour Nurse Line.
For more information go to www.ecashplan.com .
« DoL Requires Funding Notice for Multiemployer Pension Plans