Revenue Sharing: What Is It?

The 401(k) industry calls it revenue sharing. The mutual fund industry calls it 12b-1 fees, subtransfer agency fees, shareholder servicing fees, and profit-sharing payments. The Department of Labor (DoL) calls it indirect payments. Plaintiffs' attorneys call it "hidden and excessive" fees.

To access this premium content, please sign up for a free account!