MassMutual has announced that it will launch a suite of new online educational content in the fourth quarter that will include:
- interactive charts,
- calculators, and
- seminars that advisors and plan sponsors can use for small group education purposes.
MassMutual has also initiated the expansion of its team of Retirement Education Specialists to facilitate more on-site participant education, according to the firm. On October 20, the following individuals joined O’Toole’s organization as Retirement Education Specialists:
- Sean Czepiel is based in Massachusetts, and provides education services to clients in MassMutual’s northeast region. He has been with MassMutual since 2006 and was most recently a customer service representative in the company’s Springfield office.
- Shelly Hardison, joined MassMutual from Nationwide Financial, where she was most recently a retirement plan consultant. She will provide education services to clients in the midwest region.
- Dan Kolosowski is based in southern California, and provides education services to clients in MassMutual’s western region. He has been employed by MassMutual since June 2007 as a representative in its Retirement Services Participant Information Center.
- Jorge Mullen is based in Connecticut. and also provides education services to clients in MassMutual’s northeast region. He joined MassMutual from Hooker & Holcombe, a benefits consulting agency in West Hartford, Connecticut.
“In today’s environment, there is clearly a need for more personal attention and education for retirement plan participants, not just regarding retirement issues but from a holistic financial viewpoint,” says Hugh O’Toole, senior vice president and head of MassMutual’s national sales and distribution organization. “Financial advisors and TPAs can play an important role in the educational process. MassMutual will continue to reinforce their efforts with best-in-class educational opportunities for participants.”