The actuarial services will include:
- COBRA certification for HRAs and self-funded plans;
- HRA plan design modeling;
- Insurance renewal underwriting evaluations;
- Review of health coverage financing options
- IBNR (incurred but not reported) reserve calculations; and
- PPACA “pay or play” modeling.
“The employee benefit brokers that we serve are the driving force behind our expansion into actuarial consulting,” said Michael J. Bracken, president of Medcom. “Due to the combined forces of escalating healthcare costs and the complexities of healthcare reform legislation, insurance brokers have asked for a deeper and more affordable set of analytical tools to help support their clients.”More information on these services is available at http://www.medcomcompliance.com.
« S&P 1500 Pension Plans See Increase in Funded Status