In a news release, Mercer noted that with new health care reform and tax law legislation enacted in 2010, there are numerous changes effective January 1 for both the Social Security and Medicare programs, and baby boomers need to understand these programs and the new changes to make informed retirement planning decisions.
The 2011 Guide to Social Security – now in its 39th edition – includes the following information:
- Major changes for 2011;
- Retirement benefits – early, late and delayed retirement information, with examples;
- Disability benefits;
- Survivor benefits;
- Who receives benefits;
- Easy-reference monthly benefit tables;
- Medicare benefits overview – eligibility and enrollment;
- “To Do” section; and
- Answers to frequently asked questions about the Social Security annual statement.
Mercer’s 2011 Medicare booklet, 28th edition, includes:
- Major Medicare changes for 2011;
- What is covered and not covered;
- Enrollment and eligibility;
- Part A (Hospital Insurance);
- Part B (Medical Insurance);
- Part C (Medicare Advantage Plans); and
- Part D (Outpatient Prescription Drug Plan).
For more information or to purchase Mercer’s 2011 Guide to Social Security or 2011 Medicare booklet, visit http://www.imercer.com/socialsecurity or call 800-333-3070. The minimum order for the Guide is 25 copies at $7.10 each (quantity discounts are available, e.g., 100 copies at $5.85 each). The minimum order for the Medicare booklet is 100 copies at $3.40 each (quantity discounts are available, e.g., 500 copies at $2.95 each).