Offered in partnership with, and administered by AXA Assistance USA, Inc., Travel Assistance is an optional feature available with MetLife’s Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) products and Business Travel Accident (BTA) insurance, the company explained in the announcement.
Identity Theft Solutions provides tips and education on how to prevent identity theft and personal guidance in the event that it takes place. Services are accessible to employees and their dependents, when at home or traveling, by calling a toll-free number found on their Travel Assistance and Identity Theft Solutions ID card.
According to the announcement, employees and their family members will have access to:
- Educational materials that inform employees about the risks of identity theft and how to prevent an occurrence,
- Assistance in obtaining complimentary credit reports used to detect fraudulent activity, and
- Help placing “fraud alerts” with credit bureaus.
In addition, a personal case manager will assist with the following in the event of an identity theft:
- Taking inventory of lost/stolen items and directing participants to the appropriate contacts for resolution;
- Filing and obtaining police and credit reports;
- Contacting credit or fraud departments, government agencies, and local law enforcement; and
- Filing complaints with the Federal Trade Commission.
More information is at www.metlife.com .