The firm has added will preparation and estate resolution services as standard features to its supplemental term life and core/buy-up term life insurance coverages. Will preparation and MetLife Estate Resolution Services are now available to employers with as few as ten employees in their group life insurance program. These new features are available immediately for new customers and for current customers upon renewal.
According to a press release, with will preparation, offered through Hyatt Legal Plans, employees and their spouses/domestic partners will have access to:
- An attorney of their choice to prepare or update a will. The attorney fees are fully covered when using a participating Hyatt Legal Plans attorney. Attorney fees for a non-participating lawyer are reimbursable up to a scheduled amount.
- Telephone and face-to-face consultations.
- Preparation of codicils and testamentary trusts.
With MetLife Estate Resolution Services, offered through Hyatt Legal Plans, executors and administrators of an employee’s estate will have access to the following services:
- Legal representation from the attorney of their choice. The attorney fees are fully covered when using a participating Hyatt Legal Plans attorney. Attorney fees for a non-participating lawyer are reimbursable up to a scheduled amount.
- Telephone and face-to-face office consultations.
- Preparation of documents and representation at court proceedings needed to transfer the probate assets from the insured’s estate to his or her heirs.
- The completion of correspondence necessary to transfer non-probate assets, such as proceeds from insurance policies, joint bank accounts, stock accounts or a house; and
- Associated tax filings.
More information is at http://metlife.com/smallbusiness, under Life Insurance.