The MSCI-Red Herring Index will serve as a benchmark for investors in technology and communication stocks worldwide, including in developing countries, the companies said.
The performance of the MSCI-Red Herring index will be updated daily on Red Herring Communications’ online platform and Red Herring magazine’s Investor Section will publish a compendium of the index and industry performance on a monthly basis.
The new index includes the following industries:
- Wireless Telecommunication Services
- Diversified Telecommunication Services
- Semiconductor Equipment & Products
- Electronic Equipment & Instruments
- Computer & Peripherals
- Communication Equipment
- IT Consulting & Services
- Internet Software & Services
The index may also be licensed from MSCI.
« Average Health-Care Costs Jump 30%