The topics focused on in theNational Association of Government Defined Contribution Administrators (NAGDCA) document include:
- Plan governance and fiduciary responsibilities,
- Prior vendor “orphaned” or “grandfathered” contracts,
- Contracts ceasing to receive contributions on or before December 31, 2004,
- Contracts ceasing to receive contributions in 2005 – 2008,
- Contracts held for former employees or beneficiaries,
- Service provider consolidation,
- Delegation of compliance responsibilities,
- 403(b) limit monitoring,
- Administrative functions,
- Plan design issues, and
- Plan termination.
The Lexington, Kentucky-based group represents Deferred Compensation and Defined Contribution plans at the state and local government level as well as financial services providers.
Sign-up for PLANSPONSOR’s(b)Lines – a bi-weekly update on the latest news and information for 403(b) plan sponsors and those who support them. MORE
« Should Government Pension Valuations Follow Corporate Pensions' Path?