A news release said the products involved include variable annuities and variable life insurance and that the report – labeled Investment Selector – is offered to investment professionals with independent dealers, national and regional brokerages, and financial institutions, as well as to exclusive Nationwide agents.
The company said Investment Selector uses research and evaluation methods developed by Morningstar Associates LLC. Investment Selector targets the investments that fulfill five allocation models developed through a collaboration with Ibbotson Associates, according to the announcement.
The tool helps manage the individual fund selection for each allocation model by analyzing the available menu of investment options and determining the initial asset allocation percentages for each fund based on style. The underlying investment options, including cash-equivalent funds, also are reviewed when determining the allocation percentage held by all funds within each model.
The underlying investment options are not publicly traded mutual funds and are not available directly for purchase by the general public. They are only available through variable annuities issued by life insurance companies.
The new offering can be used with the following products:
- The BEST of AMERICA America’s FUTURE Annuity I
- The BEST of AMERICA Achiever Annuity
- The BEST of AMERICA All American Gold Annuity
- The BEST of AMERICA Future Venue Annuity
- The BEST of AMERICA Choice Venue Annuity II
- The BEST of AMERICA Elite Venue Annuity
- The BEST of AMERICA Exclusive Venue Annuity
- The BEST of AMERICA Next Generation Flexible Premium Variable Universal Life
- The BEST of AMERICA Protection Flexible Premium Variable Universal Life
- The BEST of AMERICA Choice Life Protection Flexible Premium Variable Universal Life.
The quarterly reports will be available online through The BEST of AMERICA Sales & Service Center, http://www.bestofamerica.com.