The redesigned and updated site is a result of extensive research and testing with both plan sponsors and participants, the company said. From that research, Nationwide identified what plan participants value most with their web experience: to be able to quickly determine if they are on track for retirement, to learn what they can do to help improve their situation and the flexibility to engage with the site based on their personal preference. Plan sponsors, on the other hand, are looking for ways to help their employees prepare for retirement, to understand how their plan is performing and a way to easily report plan performance to key stakeholders.
Enhancements to the participant site include:
• Simplified and more visual account information;
• Updated educational materials in a new Learning Center;
• Integrated online enrollment and online account setup; and
• Offline access to a Nationwide Retirement Solutions retirement specialist.
The new plan sponsor site:
• Delivers news and content targeted to employers;
• Includes regulatory and industry updates; and
• Provides news about plan enhancements.
For more information about the new website for public-sector retirement plans, plan sponsors should visit www.nrsforu.com or contact a Nationwide representative at 877-496-1630.
« EBSA to Host VFCP Advanced Workshop