In a press release announcing the Econometric Monte
Carlo (EMC) Asset Allocation Model, Still River Retirement
Planning Software, Inc. said the model interprets
investment results as economic indicators rather than
stand-alone mathematical figures.
Still River said the EMC model:
- projects hundreds of possible future economic scenarios,
- asks for the individual investor’s financial goals, and
- tests the ability of different investment portfolios to meet these goals across the range of potential economic outlooks
According to Still River, the model produces results that reflect:
- historical realities and future possibilities,
- current market conditions,
- mortality risks,
- tax treatments of different kinds of investments, and
- annual fees associated with different investment options
The EMC Asset Allocation model can be customized to use the specific funds available in a company’s plans, the company said.
Still River Retirement Planning Software, Inc., of Harvard, Massachusetts, produces retirement plan software.