The survey by TMP Worldwide eResourcing North America, found that among the companies currently recruiting:
- some 45% are seeking to fill senior management positions,
- over a third are looking for candidates in information technology, and
- just under a third are trying to hire salespeople.
Of those companies not currently recruiting, the
majority reported that they expect to begin recruiting
again within the next six months.
According to TMP Worldwide, survey respondents also indicated that they are putting much of their current efforts into focusing on employees needs by:
- looking at more flexible working hours,
- establishing more career development programs,
- reviewing compensation plans,
- analyzing HR systems, and
- developing employee Web portals.
The survey polled a total of 120 HR executives companies throughout the tri-state area.