According to a news release, Medical Mutual of Ohio has joined with Health Integrated to offer members Balanced Outlook, a SuperWell Health Management Program. Balanced Outlook provides education and support so that individuals can better understand the disease and help manage the illness through compliance with physician recommendations and a prescribed treatment plan.
Administered by Health Integrated, the Balanced Outlook program provides:
- educational materials customized to each member
- a Depression Action Plan to help individuals control depression symptoms
- regularly scheduled telephone calls by trained clinical specialists
- 24-hour toll-free telephone access to trained nurses who can answer questions and provide support
- access to an information line with a variety of pre-recorded health messages.
Medical Mutual members may enroll in the program through physician referral or on their own after receiving a positive screening for depression by a Health Integrated clinical professional.
According to the announcement, depression is one of the most prevalent chronic health conditions in the US, affecting approximately 20 million people and costing $43.7 billion per year in medication, benefits and lost working days.
« Survey Says: Readers Weigh in on the Andersen Verdict