The resources are available at OpenEnrollment123.com, and provide benefit managers free tools that can be incorporated into their existing open enrollment and health plan education programs to help employees determine if a consumer-directed health plan and a tax-advantaged health care account is the right option for their health care needs.
Key resources on the Web site include:
• “Two-Minute Answers” videos that introduce the basics of health savings accounts (HSAs);
• Brief, interactive presentations employees can rewind, pause, and skip ahead to learn about tax-advantaged health accounts;
• Live and prerecorded webinars with experts in health accounts;
• Brochures and flyers to share in person or online with employees; and
• Simple math examples that illustrate the tax savings of a flexible spending account (FSA) and HSA.
“Using a tax-advantaged health account is new for many people. We want to help them understand how consumer-directed health plans work so they can make smart choices at enrollment time and thereafter,” said Heidi Sirota, vice president of marketing for OptumHealth Financial Services, in a press release.