The self-contained Smart Time system was created in partnership with Icon Time Systems, a technology provider of time and attendance services for businesses with fewer than 25 employees.
According to the announcement, Smart Time offers small businesses an economical, easy-to-use time and attendance solution that automatically collects and calculates employee hours, and integrates with Paychex payroll. Paychex says it significantly reduces time spent manually preparing time sheets, while it increases payroll accuracy by giving business owners a clear record of all employee pay details.
Key features of Smart Time include:
- Plug-and-play simplicity – same-day setup and no separate software to install or maintain.
- Compatible on multiple platforms – PC, Mac, Linux.
- Ideal for up to 25 employees
- Proactive e-mail alerts – allows business owners to automatically receive e-mails when employees punch in/out or approach overtime.
- User flexibility – Employees can punch in/out using a key pad, proximity badge, or Web browser.
- Calculation of hours – standard and overtime, including certain California overtime requirements.
- Click and send data – transmit payroll information directly to Paychex.
- Remote access – available over the Internet or network.
The announcement said the solution is particularly beneficial to businesses with mobile workforces, as well as businesses in the hospitality, manufacturing, and healthcare industries.More information is at http://www.paychex.com.