A news release said Paychex HR Solutions brings Paychex Business Solutions and Paychex Premier Human Resources together.
The new offering is available as an administrative services organization (ASO), formerly Paychex Premier Human Resources, and a professional employer organization (PEO) provided by Paychex Business Solutions, Inc. The announcement said each option provides a full-service HR solution that includes payroll and tax services, 401(k) and employee benefits, HR administration and compliance assistance, and onsite support.
The PEO differs from the ASO by establishing a co-employment relationship with the clients’ employees, and also offers pre-established carrier options and networks, broader choices, and simpler administration when employees are in multiple states, the company said.
The following services are included in both the ASO and PEO offerings:
- Human resource services – From onsite training and seminars covering a range of critical HR topics, to employee handbooks, assistance with job descriptions, and compensation surveys.
- Payroll services – including payroll processing, tax payment service, State Unemployment Insurance Service (SUIS), and direct deposit.
- Retirement services –401(k), SIMPLE, and profit-sharing plan options, plan design and setup, and ongoing compliance and communication.
- Employee Benefits – Section 125 plans, including Premium Only Plans and Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Worksite Management – safety and loss control consultation, analysis, and program development; OSHA federal/state mandatory program development; and drug testing referral service.
Business owners who choose the PEO model will also have access to national and regional insurance carriers for health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options. The PEO option assists with plan selection, annual enrollment, and plan management, and offers employee self-service through its Health and Benefits Online service.
The PEO option also includes workers’ compensation insurance and administration. For the ASO model, health insurance through the Paychex Insurance Agency and workers’ comp through the Paychex Workers’ Compensation Payment Service are available as optional services.
More information is at http://www.paychex.com/products/hrsolutions.aspx.