A news release from the National Institute on Retirement
Security (NIRS) said the board approved the selection of
EFL Associates to undertake a nationwide search for its
first executive director.
NIRS was founded in February 2007 by three national trade organizations – The Council of Institutional Investors, the National Association of State Retirement Administrators (NASRA), and the National Council on Teacher Retirement (NCTR), according to the announcement.
The board consists of three directors who are executive directors of the founding organizations, as well as three directors from the current membership of each of the founding organizations. The seventh director is a staff member of a public pension fund, a member of at least one of the founding organizations and elected by a vote of at least five of the six directors.
The announcement said the NIRS board members are:
- Glenda Chambers, Executive Director, NASRA;
- Jack Ehnes, Chair, The Council of Institutional Investors and Chief Executive Officer, California State Teachers Retirement System (CalSTRS);
- Laurie Fiori Hacking, Executive Director,Minnesota Teachers Retirement Association;
- Jim Mosman, Executive Director, NCTR;
- Meredith Williams, President, NCTR, and Executive Director Public Employees’ Retirement Association of Colorado;
- Ann Yerger, Executive Director, The Council of Institutional Investors; and
- Steve Yoakum, President, NASRA, and Executive Director, Public School Retirement System of Missouri.
The directors elected Laurie Fiori Hacking to serve
as the NIRS President and Ann Yerger to serve as
Secretary and Treasurer.