The finalists for the Retirement Plan Adviser of the Year are:
- Timothy Black, Mosse & Mosse Associates, Marlborough, Massachusetts
- L. Rita Fiumara, UBS Financial Services, Inc., Chicago, Illinois
- Jennifer San Fillippo, La Bri Group, Brookfield, Wisconsin
- Attila Toth, Portfolio Evaluations, Inc., Warren, New Jersey
- Rick Wedge, Northgate Benefits, an NRP member firm, Novato, California
The finalists for the Retirement Plan Adviser Team of the Year are:
- Lockton Dallas (David W. Altimont, Lucas M. Barton, Courtney Stroope, Erika Chavez), Dallas, Texas
- Michael M. Kane and Associates (Michael M. Kane, Addie Kane, Jeff Hale), Alpharetta, Georgia
- Plan Sponsor Advisors (Jennifer Flodin, Don Stone), Chicago, Illinois
- Precept RPS (Linda Bright, Doug Igel), Irvine, California
- The Prince Group (Douglas Prince, Brea Dantin, Deana Harmon), Indianapolis, Indiana
The winners will be announced at the annual PLANSPONSOR/PLANADVISER Awards Dinner on March 25, 2010, in New York City.
Previous winners of the PLANSPONSOR Retirement Plan Adviser of the Year award include Steven Dimitriou, of Mayflower Advisors, LLC, in Boston, Massachusetts (2009); John Barry with JMB Wealth Management in Torrance, California (2008); Chad Larsen with Moreton Financial Solutions in Denver, Colorado (2007); Dorann Cafaro of The Cafaro Group in Little Silver, New Jersey (2006); and John Mott of Smith Barney in Houston, Texas (2005).
Previous winners of the PLANSPONSOR Retirement Plan Adviser Team of the Year are Fiduciary Investment Advisors of Windsor, Connecticut (2009); FFoA in Pearl River, New York (2008) and the STAR Group with Merrill Lynch in Akron, Ohio (2007).
Nominations for the Retirement Plan Adviser and Adviser Team of the Year awards were solicited online from retirement plan advisers, their employers and/or broker/dealers, and plan sponsors, as well as from working partners of these advisers, including investment vendors, accountants and attorneys, and pension administrators (advisers who have attained the PLANSPONSOR Retirement Professional designation receive an automatic nomination). The finalists were selected by an expert panel of judges from a list of semifinalists compiled from a quantitative evaluation of their current service levels and, based on feedback from their plan sponsor clients. The finalists were drawn from a pool of more than 425 nominations.
« ‘Tomboyish’ Clerk can Proceed with Discrimination Suit