The beneficiary planning guide for financial professionals includes tips on how to:
- conduct a comprehensive beneficiary review using a simple checklist,
- maintain timely contact with clients,
- organize a family meeting, and
- host a beneficiary planning seminar to reach a larger audience.
In addition, a guide for financial professionals to share with investors features a one-page, quick-reference chart that compares how different beneficiaries are affected by their choice of distribution when IRA assets are transferred. The guide also answers questions on how to:
- properly designate beneficiaries,
- preserve assets for beneficiaries, and
- manage tax-deferred growth, taxes and penalty issues.
Financial professionals can call 800-787-1621 (800-451-5447 for Princor Registered Representatives) or visit www.principalfunds.com/beneficiaryplanning for more information.
« Fifth Third Slapped with Stock-Drop Participant Lawsuit