Through Principal’s Web site, www.principal.com , members of the company’s various health benefit programs can now access information such as their benefit summary and claim activity, health and wellness information and personalized care information, according to a news release. This includes information such as:
- Healthcare Advisor – allowing health-care members to make key health decisions through a step-by-step process. Members gather background information about a specific condition or procedure, including who treats it, what can be expected as part of the treatment, etc. The member can then research and compare facilities that provide the treatment based on the importance of the criteria he/she has selected, such as the number of patients treated, complications and post-operative infection rates and accreditation.
- Cost Related Information – provides health-care members with a range of inpatient costs related to a specific procedure by facility.
- Provider Directory – gives providers by network, provider type or by name, searchable by in English or Spanish.
- Health Assessments – a series of tools in four categories General Health, Cardiac Health, Diabetes and Fitness.
- Prescription Drug Tools – health-care consumers can look up prescription drug coverage information, potential drug interactions and find nearby pharmacists. Further, health-care members can order prescriptions.
“Our goal is to improve the health of our members, and lower overall costs by empowering employees in decision making, and assisting them in navigating the healthcare system,” Gary Cain, senior vice president of the Life & Health Segment and leader of the Medical Division of the Principal Financial Group said in a news release. “Whether it takes place online or over the phone, The Principal is committed to helping customers feel comfortable in learning more about their benefits and wellness, including providing a personal touch when it’s needed most.”
« Supreme Court Takes ADEA 'Disproportionate Impact' Case