The remaining 27% are enrolled in health maintenance organizations (HMOs). These figures are from the recently released “U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics report National Compensation Survey: Health Plan Provisions in State and Local Government in the United States, 2011.”
The report presents estimates on the detailed provisions of employer-provided health plans in state and local government in 2011, featuring information on:
- medical care benefits,
- fee-for-service plans,
- health maintenance organizations,
- selected benefits by type of plan,
- high deductible and non-high deductible health plans,
- mental health care and substance abuse treatment benefits,
- outpatient prescription drug benefits,
- dental care benefits, and
- vision care benefits.
Information from the report is available at http://www.bls.gov/ebs/#bulletin_details.
« DB Plans Experience $58M Improvement in March