Responding to a survey in which 84% of respondents acknowledged needing compliance guidance, Schwab has added the section meant to help the investment advisory community, according to a press release form the company.
The new features on the Schwab Web site ( www.schwabinsitutional.com ) include, according to the company:
- commentary on legal and compliance issues authored by consulting firms, industry associations and attorneys with established investment management practices
- a pull-down menu of compliance topics to facilitate article and resource searches
- customizable sample templates and guideline documents regarding recent compliance requirements
- links to additional compliance resources, including third party consulting firms and industry association Web sites, plus information on discounted services
- dates and deadlines for proposed and final regulations impacting investment advisors.
The new section also includes information about the upcoming investment advisor code of ethics, in which by February 1 firms must establish and enforce written policies and procedures designed to prevent misuse of non-public information by an advisor and affiliated persons.
The section is password-protected under the Resource Center tab on the company Web site.