The new options and their styles include:
- Advantus Mortgage Securities Fund; fixed income
- Marsico Focus Fund; large cap growth
- Grantham, Mayo, and Van Otterloo (GMO) US Core Fund; large cap blend
- Baron Growth Fund; small cap growth
- Vanguard Explorer Fund; small cap growth
- Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA) US Small Cap Portfolio; small cap blend
- DFA US Micro Cap Portfolio; small cap blend
- GMO Foreign Fund; international core.
The eight new options bring the total available to Securian’s retirement clients to 56, plus a guaranteed option and a self-directed account.
Employers may choose as many as 20 investments with no requirement to select proprietary options, the company said.
Securian is a unit of Minnesota Life Insurance Co.