According to a press release, the Claymore/KLD Sudan Free Large-Cap Core ETF tracks the KLD Large Cap Sudan Free Social Index, the first socially responsible index tied to the issue of Sudan divestment.
Claymore/KLD Sudan Free Large-Cap Core ETF seeks investment results that correspond generally to the performance, before the Fund’s fees and expenses, of the KLD Large Cap Sudan Free Social Index. The index is comprised of a subset of stocks in the Russell 1000 Index with market capitalizations generally greater than $1 billion and that meet KLD Research & Analytics’ screens for environmental, social, and governance factors and involvement in Sudan.
Business involvement in Sudan for which the KLD Large Cap Sudan Free Social Index screens includes:
- Owns or controls property or assets in Sudan
- Has employees or facilities in Sudan
- Provides goods or services to companies domiciled in Sudan
- Obtains goods or services from Sudan
- Has distribution agreements with companies domiciled in Sudan
- Issues credits or loans to companies domiciled in Sudan
- Purchases goods or commercial paper issued by the Government of Sudan
The Claymore/KLD Sudan Free Large-Cap Core ETF will normally invest at least 90% of its total assets in common stock and ADRs that comprise the index. The index is rebalanced annually in June in conjunction with the reconstitution schedule of the Russell 1000 Index.
« Canadian Pension Coverage Virtually Flat in 2006