A SunGard news release said the pamphlets are designed to help providers explain employee contributions and the 457 plan to their plan sponsors. The company said the newest pamphlets include:
- Handling Employee Contributions – Better Late Than Never But Better Never Late
- The 457 Plan – Deferred Compensation for Governmental and Tax-exempt Organization Employees.
The Handling Employee Contributions document covers:
- What are elective deferrals?
- What plans are subject to DOL’s deposit rules?
- How does a plan report late deposits?
The 457 Plan pamphlet presents the answers to questions such as:
- What is a 457 plan?
- Who may participate in a 457 plan?
- Who may contribute to a 457 plan?
For a free sample, or for more information on any of SunGard’s Q&A pamphlets, go to: http://www.sungardcorbel.com/catalog/cp_whatitis.asp .