However, according to a Monster news release, only 54% of US employers implement such recruitment programs.
Findings regarding ethnically diverse online job seekers in the US include:
- 86% agree that “It is important that the organization I work for actively tries to recruit and retain a diverse workforce.”
- 82% believe that you can tell by how much effort and resources companies put into diversity recruiting whether they are truly committed to creating a diverse workforce.
- Nearly 60% look for information on organizations’ diversity policies and programs when they are looking for a job.
Meanwhile, US employer-specific findings include:
- 66% of companies have an official written statement conveying the organization’s mission or vision regarding diversity.
- 37% have specific diversity targets or goals.
- 3% have a separate diversity recruitment budget.
The survey findings presented here are the results of a telephone study conducted August 5-24, 2005, by Roper Public Affairs & Media of 202 Human Resources professionals.
The survey is available here . A free registraton is required.