Of the respondents to the Accountemps survey who said e-mails were more popular than meetings:
- 67% said managers shied away from meetings very often
- 25% said it happened somewhat often
- 7% contended they didn’t see it happen very often.
Executives also were asked to select the most effective forms of communication other than face-to-face contact to use with employees:
- 43% said e-mail
- 31% said telephone
- 20% said videoconferences
- 5% mentioned written memos.
The survey, commissioned by Accountemps and conducted by an independent research firm, includes responses from 150 executives with the nation’s 1,000 largest companies, an announcement said.
« SURVEY SAYS: Removing an Investment Choice