Louis Mastellone is Symetra’s eastern division sales manager of Life and Retirement Sales, with responsibility for sales planning and day-to-day management and training of 13 external wholesalers covering the eastern United States.
According to the announcement, Mastellone joins Symetra from Genworth Financial, where he was divisional vice president for the East Coast region and accountable for retirement income and protection sales through banks, wirehouses and independent firms. He previously served as a regional vice president for GE Financial Assurance, where he drove fixed annuity, variable annuity and mutual fund sales across its bank distribution network.
The eight new regional VPs are:
- Michael Butt (Territory: Michigan) — Butt joins Symetra from MassMutual Financial, where he was a regional sales director. He also has served as regional vice president at RiverSource Life Insurance Company and at Genworth Financial, with responsibility for annuity and single premium life insurance sales through the bank and broker-dealer channels.
- Mark Eberhart (Territory: Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia) — Eberhart most recently served as Midwest sales director at Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company. Previously, he was a regional vice president with Genworth Financial.
- Brock Lansdale (Territory: Arizona, Hawaii, Nevada) — Lansdale comes to Symetra from ING Financial, where he focused on variable, indexed, fixed and immediate annuity sales through independent, bank and regional wirehouse registered representatives. Lansdale previously was a divisional vice president with Aegon Financial Services Group.
- Marc McDaniels (Territory: Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin) — McDaniels most recently worked as a regional sales director for First Mercantile. He previously held external wholesaler roles at MassMutual Financial Group, Genworth Financial and Allianz Life, focusing on variable and fixed annuity sales.
- Ben Pintaric (Territory: Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming) — Pintaric joins Symetra from Jackson National Life Insurance Company, where he served as an internal wholesaler.
- Mark Prazak (Territory: Southern California) — Prazak brings an extensive investment industry background to Symetra. Most recently, he was with Genworth Financial as regional vice president for Southern California and southern Nevada, responsible for immediate and variable annuity sales in the wirehouse channel. He also has served as divisional marketing director and senior wholesaler at AIG SunAmerica, where he led sales and marketing for the company’s variable annuity portfolio to 175 national and regional wirehouse offices across Southern California.
- Kevin Rooney (Territory: Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska) — Rooney comes to Symetra from Prudential Annuities, where he was a producing divisional vice president, responsible for variable annuity sales in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas. Rooney previously held regional sales and marketing roles with Lincoln Financial, U.S. Allianz Investor Services and The Hartford.
- Jesse Saenz (Territory: Louisiana, Southern Texas) — Saenz most recently served as national sales manager (southern U.S.) for American National Insurance Corporation, where he focused on fixed and equity-indexed annuity and life insurance product sales within the independent adviser channel. Previously, he was a regional vice president with RiverSource Distributors and a regional sales manager for Allstate Distributors, both in Houston.