Wes Severin has been named western divisional sales manager of Life and Retirement Sales. He is responsible for sales planning and day-to-day management and training of 12 external wholesalers covering the western United States.
According to a press release, most recently, Severin was national sales director of financial institution markets at Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company in Denver, Colorado. Before that, he was a financial adviser with Simmers Capital Management.
The new regional vice presidents will provide annuity and life insurance sales support to financial planners in the following territories:
- Christopher Grubbs (Territory: Maryland, Washington, D.C., Virginia) — Grubbs most recently served as a regional vice president at New York Life. He also has held sales positions with ING and GE Financial (now Genworth Financial).
- Lydia Hopper (Territory: Los Angeles, Central California) — Hopper joins Symetra from Michel Financial Group, where she was an annuity specialist. She previously held regional sales roles at MassMutual Financial Group and AIG SunAmerica.
- Brad Kiesling (Territory: North Texas, Oklahoma) — Kiesling is an experienced annuity and life insurance sales professional, having held external wholesaling roles at Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Company, AXA Equitable and Genworth Financial. He also was a regional director for Cherry Financial Partners.
- Matthew O’Neil (Territory: Maine, New York, Vermont) — O’Neil comes to Symetra from Genworth Financial, where he was a regional vice president responsible for annuity sales in upstate New York. He previously held regional sales roles at Phoenix Life and Liberty Funds Distributors.
- Matthew Sennet (Territory: Florida, excluding Panhandle) — Sennet joins Symetra from ING Financial Solutions, where he was a regional vice president in north Florida. He also has served as a regional marketing director for Lincoln Financial Distributors and a Florida district retirement planning adviser for Merrill Lynch.
- Tammy Viccari (Territory: Georgia, East Tennessee and Florida Panhandle) — Viccari brings to Symetra 13 years of experience as a successful external and internal wholesaler at ING Financial Services and Wachovia. Her financial services background also includes work as a stock broker at Morgan Stanley Dean Witter.
« Poll Finds Women’s Investing Anxiety Rising