For the 19th consecutive month, taxable-bond funds topped all asset classes with inflows of $19.3 billion in March, bringing their inflows for the quarter to $69.1 billion.
Additional highlights from Morningstar’s report include:
- U.S.-stock funds gathered inflows of $21.5 billion in the first three months of the year, marking the first positive quarter for equities since the beginning of 2011 and the best quarter since 2004;
- Investors continue to embrace international-stock funds, which took in $12.1 billion in March and $47.0 billion for the quarter;
- Relative to total assets, alternative and commodities funds had strong March inflows, collecting $2.0 billion and $1.4 billion, respectively;
- Alternatives saw inflows of $9.2 billion this quarter, the best three months on record for the asset class; and
- Vanguard and PIMCO continue to capture the vast majority of industry inflows, while American Funds experienced redemptions in March after inflows in January and February.
The complete report is available here.
« DC Participants Want Guaranteed Income Option