The miscellaneous professional liability policy is designed for small firms that provide advice or services requiring specialized knowledge. Generally, these firms generate less than $1 million in revenue and have fewer than 10 employees and represent a range of industries, including marketing or management consultants, executive coaches, career counselors, travel agents, and event planners, according to a news release.
Key features of The Hartford’s miscellaneous professional liability policy include:
- A tailored definition of professional services to meet the needs of a broad range of companies;
- Coverage for personal injury, such as libel and slander, arising from the professional services;
- Coverage for punitive damages, where allowed by law;
- Liability coverage for erroneous work performed by a subcontractor; and
- Coverage extension for expenses related to disciplinary proceedings in which a professional is brought before a regulatory body or association.
The Hartford offers separate policies for several industries that are not eligible for professional liability coverage under Private Choice Encore!!. These include attorneys, accountants, private equity fund managers, technology firms, and real estate firms.
To learn more about The Hartford’s professional and management liability coverage, visit www.hfpinsurance.com.