The new app, available free on iTunes, gives users
interactive tools that provide information about saving for retirement and
other goals, according to a press release. It allows users to:
- Test their financial knowledge and learn how to help accelerate future savings with the “Money Smarts” quiz;
- Take a glance at their possible financial future with the “Retirement Projector;”
- See where their money is going on the little everyday purchases such as coffee or take-out with the “What’s it Worth Calculator;”
- Read news articles and listen to market commentary podcasts by Chief Investment Strategist, Brett Hammond;
- Get the latest information about TIAA-CREF fund performance;
- Contact a TIAA-CREF retirement consultant for an advice session; and
- Map the locations of TIAA-CREF offices across the country.
TIAA-CREF announced other digital initiatives. On www.Facebook.com/tiaa-cref individuals can plug into news and videos, or take the Nest Egg Challenge, the
announcement said. In addition, participants nearing retirement can join an
online community of like-minded people sharing their experiences on making the
transition to life in retirement at www.myretirement.org. TIAA-CREF is also on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/TC_Talks .
This fall, TIAA-CREF introduced Quick Response Codes (QR
Codes) in select TIAA-CREF print ads, providing users with smart phones with a
camera to access online content from TIAA-CREF – or connect with a TIAA-CREF
retirement consultant – by taking a picture of the QR code in the ad
(see TIAA-CREF Connects Smartphone Users with Financial Advice).
TIAA-CREF said it also offers advice by retirement
consultants at www.tiaa-cref.org/services/retirement-planning-advice.
Individuals can also sign up to receive Market Insights podcasts at www.tiaa-cref.org.
The iTunes application is available here.