The firm offers a four-part series about fiduciary responsibility and a three-part series about plan sponsor challenges.
Highlights of “Fiduciary Responsibility Series Part 4: Investments — the foundation of retirement readiness” include:
- How fiduciaries can prevent mistakes related to selecting and monitoring investments,
- The risk of personal liability for investment losses resulting from a failure to perform fiduciary duties,
- The need for a prudent investment selection and monitoring process,
- The need for diligent and regular investment reviews and adjustments, and
- The importance of seeking expert assistance.
Highlights of “Plan Sponsor Challenges Series Part 3: Helping your employees make the right choices for lifetime income” include:
- The importance of focusing on retirement readiness, leading to lifelong financial security and well-being,
- The growing importance to participants of guaranteed lifetime income,
- The need to focus on lifetime income and savings accumulation in plan design, and
- The value of the “pension” that didn’t disappear: guaranteed fixed annuities.
The firm also offers a series about the aging workforce.TIAA-CREFS Views & Commentary can be found here.
« New Fund Aims for Nontraditional Growth