The indexes UBS Global Asset Management will use for its US and European exchange traded funds (ETF) are based on what Morningstar said is an enhanced version of its Style Box methodology.
In addition to serving as tools for portfolio construction and performance measurement, Morningstar said its indexes would be further licensed to institutions to create investment vehicles including mutual funds, ETFs, and derivative securities.
Morningstar’s first index offerings will include seven aggregate indexes:
- broad Market Index
- three Capitalization Indexes: Large, Mid, and Small
- three Style Indexes: Value, Core, and Growth
Morningstar will also include nine Style Box Component Indexes:
- large capitalization: Value, Core, and Growth
- mid capitalization: Value, Core, and Growth
- small capitalization: Value, Core, and Growth
Dow Jones Indexes will be the calculation agent for Morningstar Indexes, Morningstar said. The indexes will be calculated real time in US dollars, and the daily closing values will be available in Euros, British pounds and Yen.
« "Better" Pension Assumptions Boost SBC Bottom Line