An SEC news release said the joint hearing is slated to kick off at 9 a.m. at the DoL building in Washington, D.C. with opening remarks from SEC Chairman Mary Schapiro and Deputy Labor Secretary Seth Harris (see More Details Given on EBSA/SEC Hearing on Target-dates ). The session is scheduled to conclude with closing remarks at 5:20 p.m.
The news release said the scheduled witness panels include:
- Introduction to Target-Date Funds
- Target-Date Fund Investor Considerations
- Exploration of Glide Paths and Underlying Investments
- Plan Sponsor Considerations
- Utilization of Target-Date Funds in Defined Contribution Plans
- Understanding, Selecting, and Monitoring Target-Date Funds (two panels)
- Disclosures related to Target-Date Funds
- Target-Date Funds and Other Investment Options
Witnesses will include representatives of plan participants and beneficiaries, plan sponsors, investor organizations, academia, and the financial services industry.
The hearing will be transcribed, and a live Webcast will be available at the SEC and Labor Department Web sites. The SEC hearing announcement is available at http://sec.gov/news/press/2009/2009-138.htm .
For more information, contact Tara Buckley in the SEC’s Division of Investment Management at (202) 551-6825.
« FTSE Provides Clean Tech Indexes