The survey of American Baby Boom Women found that:
- while 95% of respondents said that knowing how much money it will take to retire is important,
- and 97% of the group list having enough money at retirement as an important goal,
- only 70% said that they understand the function of a 401(k) plan,
- and only 58% assume the responsibility of managing their 401(k) accounts.
On the subject of long term care, of those questioned:
- over 60% of respondents said that they understand the high costs associated with nursing care,
- while 50% said they know first-hand about the actual costs of long term care.
- some 70% of those surveyed think that passing money on to their heirs is important,
- but only 14% have made plans to ensure that their estate is passed on smoothly.
– Camilla Klein firstname.lastname@example.org