The survey found that businesses are communicating more aggressively since the terrorist attacks, compared with the findings from similar surveys prior to September 11.
Findings show that:
- almost 60% of employees feel that their company’s communication with them about their personal concerns and the outlook for the business had been excellent or good
- another 21% said it had been fair
- 10% said it had been poor
- 7% said there had been no communication
The survey also found that:
- one in five workers is worried about being laid off
- one in 10 are concerned that their company may go out of business
- 16% are concerned about their physical security on the job
Results are based on interviews with 1,013 employed men and women conducted in October.