A recent survey from CareerBuilder uncovered some of the oddest whining heard by managers.
According to a press release, the top 20 strangest complaints are:
- Employee was annoyed the company didn’t provide a place for naps during break time.
- 8:00 a.m. is too early to get up for work.
- Employee is too sun tanned.
- Employee has big hair.
- Employee eats all the good cookies.
- Employee is so polite, it’s infuriating.
- Employee suspected co-worker is a pimp.
- Employee is trying to poison me.
- Employee’s body is magnetic and keeps de-activating my magnetic access card.
- Employee is personally responsible for a federally mandated tax increase.
- Employee only wears slippers or socks at work.
- Employee’s aura is wrong.
- Employee smells like road ramps.
- Employee breathes too loudly.
- Employee wants to check a co-worker for ticks.
- Employee wore pajamas to work.
- Employee has bells on her shoes and it’s not the holidays.
- Co-worker reminded the employee too much of Bambi.
- Employee spends too much time caring for stray cats around the building.
- A male employee keeps using the ladies’ room because the men’s room is not as tidy.
The survey was conducted online within the U.S. by Harris Interactive on behalf of CareerBuilder.com between May 22 and June 10, 2009 among 2,667 hiring managers and human resource professionals (employed full-time; not self-employed; with at least significant involvement in hiring decisions; non- government) ages 18 and over.
« Variable Pay Rewards Reach All Time High in 2009