Robert Cook was most recently co-head of the fixed income investment process at 40|86 Advisors where he was responsible for managing high yield total return assets, as well as serving as the Director of Credit Research where he managed the firm’s 16 fixed income research analysts. Prior to joining 40|86 in 1994, Cook worked PNC Bank’s investment banking division in Pittsburgh.
As investors with 40|86 Advisors, the team had an average of six years experience together managing high yield assets. Other members of the team include:
- Thomas Hauser – was most recently co-manager of the 40|86’s high yield total return assets and co-manager of the firm’s CBO Group. Prior to joining 40|86 in 2001, Hauser was with Van Kampen Investments since 1993.
- Robert Amenta – was most recently a senior analyst with 40|86, covering industry sectors including metals/mining/chemicals, paper and forest products and retail/grocery/drug stores. Prior to 40|86 Advisors, he worked for Pacholder Associates.
- Jeffrey Lovell – was most recently a senior analyst with 40|86 covering the cable and media industries and co-manager of the CBO Group with Tom Hauser. He joined the firm in 1994.
- Mark Prenger – was most recently a senior analyst with 40|86 Advisors covering the energy and packaging industries. Prior to joining the firm in 2000, he worked for Pacholder Associates for six years.
- Jeffrey Hutz – was most recently a senior analyst with 40|86 Advisors responsible for covering the technology, telecom and consumer sectors. He joined the firm in 1999 after spending two years as an engineer with Onkego America.
- Matthew Nelson – was most recently an analyst with 40|86 Advisors and held responsibility for covering gaming, lodging and leisure industries. Prior to joining the firm in 2001, he was a consultant with Jay Alix Associates.
During its tenure with 40|86 Advisors, the team was involved in managing approximately $4 billion in high yield assets. JPMorgan Fleming currently manages $2.7 billion in high yield assets.
Cook, and his team of six investment professionals, will remain based in Indianapolis.