The statements were created to provide survey data and samples that allow benefits professionals to benchmark their plans against others, to determine trends and costs, and to better manage their plans, according to a news release. The latest publcation reported that nearly nine in 10 (89%) plans have an investment policy statement.
The announcement said survey findings also included:
- 55% of respondents have a written investment policy statement for their defined benefit pension plan.
- 38% of respondents have a written statement for their 401(k) plan.
- 90% of defined benefit plan policy statements include asset mix targets and ranges
- 95% of 401(k) plans include selection and monitoring of investment options on their policy statements.
- 98% of policy statements for defined benefit plans and 97% of policy statements for 401(k) plans are periodically reviewed.
- 40% of investment policy statements across all plans and sectors were drafted using in-house staff in combination with various professional service providers.
This survey collected information from 166 US single employer, multiemployer and public employer participants. The results include 37 sample investment policies.
To purchase a copy of Investment Policy Statements , contact the Publications Department, International Foundation, P.O. Box 68-9953, Milwaukee, WI, 53268-9953; call (888) 334-3327, option 4; fax (262) 786-8780; or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information about the publications in the series, see www.ifebp.org/surveysample .
« CA Tax Conformity Bill Excludes HSAs