A Little Friday File Fun (02/01)
Well, here’s a couple of thousand worth…
In the “who would’ve thought” category – – – chewing-gum sculptures – – – MORE at http://www.pastificiocerere.com/v1/savini_eng.shtml
This is an interesting web site (leave it up for a couple of seconds and watch). http://producten.hema.nl/?whatthefark
In Lewiston, Maine , police are looking for Robert Morin, 39, on a warrant charging him with domestic assault – – – but what you’ll want to check out today is a truly unusual mugshot. MORE at http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0130081morinmug2.html
– – – In Great Britain , Jerome Bartens, 11, was diagnosed as deaf in his right ear when he was just two-years-old – – – until
one day recently he was playing pool with some friends – – – and felt a sudden pop in his right ear – – – put his finger in his ear – – – and pulled out a tip of a cotton wool bud that had apparently been wedged in his ear since he was a toddler – – – in an instant returning his hearing to normal. And yes, he had been tested for something like that for years, but nothing was ever found – – – you can see “it” at http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00426/snn2914e384_426336a.jpg
– – – In Marion County, Florida , Pastor Renee Brewster and her husband Bishop Winston Brewster might be accused of having a certain vested interest in finding God in everyday things – – – but who would have thought they (and perhaps you) could find an image of Jesus Christ in – – – a potato – – – http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/JesusPotato012108/indexGallery.htm
Check out this list of EVERY reason that Dr. David Banner was driven to “Hulk out” on the TV show, “The Incredible Hulk” – – – after all, you wouldn’t want to make him angry – – – you wouldn’t like him when he’s angry – – – MORE at http://kennethjohnson.us/HulkOutList.html
Here's a couple of thousand more....
Near Hinsdale, Illinois , Franciszek Chudzik, 72, was driving north on Washington Street here - - - and made what was termed an improper turn onto some railroad tracks here in his 1996 Plymouth Minivan - - - which apparently became disabled at the railroad crossing - - - fortunately for Franciszek (who turned out to have a blood-alcohol level above .08.) some Good Samaritans assisted him in exiting his stalled vehicle - - - just before an empty No. 1282 inbound train first struck the vehicle - - - and then an occupied outbound No.1267 train caught it coming the other direction - - - you can watch events unfold at http://video.nbc5.com/player/?id=211282
- - - In York, Pennsylvania , Toby Taylor, 37, called 911 after his wife Kristen, 29, was allegedly shocked by a hair dryer - - - turns out the couple was engaged in some unusual "play" - - - play that involved his affixing electrical chords from a hair dryer to certain parts of Kristen's anatomy - - - with, as it turns out, shocking results - - - you can read the police report at http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2008/0125081dryer2.html
- - - In Allentown, Pennsylvania , there is nothing humorous about what William Torres, 21, is accused of doing - - - dealing drugs and killing two men in cold blood - - - but when he was recently pulled over by police and arrested - - - his outfit was unexpected, to say the least - - - you won't believe his booking photo - - - MORE at http://www.mcall.com/media/photo/2008-01/34949353.jpg
- - - And finally, in Fox Lake, Wisconsin , Patricia Dykstra, 51, made a call to 911 - - - at the instigation of her boyfriend - - - who, being too drunk (in his estimation) to drive - - - was in the passenger seat of her tan 2002 pickup - - - but who, not being too drunk (apparently), told Patricia that she needed to call for help - - - well, Patricia was (apparently) not too drunk to make the call - - - and (apparently) not too drunk to, after a few minutes, decide that it was not a call that she should be making in her condition - - - still, dispatchers were able to use reverse 911 and got Patricia back on the phone - - - where she described the circumstances behind her call - - - the model, make and color of the vehicle she was driving - - - and her approximate location to police - - - before Patricia, who said she didn't think it was safe to be talking on the phone and driving at the same time, hung up - - - turns out that her boyfriend had ingested a 12-pack - - - while Patricia, who reportedly had partaken in about half that volume - - - had a blood alcohol level more than twice the legal limit - - - you can hear the 911 call at http://www.plansponsor.com/uploadfiles/drunkcellphonecall.mp3
You may have missed it, but over the weekend Punxsutawney Phil, the Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators, "…after casting a weathered eye toward thousands of his faithful followers…consulted with President Cooper and directed him to the appropriate scroll, which proclaimed: "As I look around me, a bright sky I see, and a shadow beside me. Six more weeks of winter it will be!"
Of course, Phil frequently sees his shadow - and his prognostications have only been correct about 39% of the time. You can see it all unfold at http://www.weather.com/multimedia/videoplayer.html?clip=9677&collection=topstory&from=36hr_outlet_video
A heavy set male entered Computer Depot M.D. in Mount
Pearl (at the corner of commonwealth and park) on Friday,
Jan. 18th 2008 and stole a processor from its display case.
He fled in a dark 4 door vehicle. If you have any
information on who this man is, please call the RNC at
709-729-8000 or the Computer Depot M.D. at 709-745-4880
« IRS Delays Effective Date for New DB Funding Calculations