Well, here’s a couple of thousand…
– – – In Orange County, California – – – the end of the rainbow – – – yeah, check it out at http://sciencedude.freedomblogging.com/files/2009/02/endofrain1.jpg
– – – In Minot, North Dakota , animal control officials were summoned – – – to help rescue a dog – – – who had managed to climb onto a roof – – – about 25 feet in the air – – – apparently the snow in the back yard of the dog’s owner’s home was high enough for the dog to walk up onto the roof – – – you can see him happily checking things out at http://hosted.ap.org/photos/3/37d0026a-d92d-486e-9a92-8edfd69cc706-big.jpg
– – – In Dade City, Florida , we have the latest incidence of a divine appearance – – – this at Jarrett Ford Lincoln Mercury where, in the center of the used car sales manager’s office door is a wood stain – – – that folks say is the image of Jesus Christ – – – MORE at http://www.tampabay.com/multimedia/archive/00055/pasjesus020709a_55832c.jpg
...and here's a thousand more... we all have days when things seem to run out of control - but rarely are those moments caught on video.
if you can't view the above, try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dooKpdIwwR4
And here's a thousand more...
- - - In Boynton Beach, Florida , Elvis Alonzo Barrett, 46, was driving here about 7:30 a.m. when he committed a traffic violation - - - however, rather than pulling over as directed, he continued to drive - - - ignoring a growing assortment of police vehicles, running red lights, cutting across lanes of traffic, heading against traffic onto the northbound exit ramp to I-95 here - - - then making an illegal U-turn to head north on the interstate before losing control of his SUV, hitting a curb, overturning and running into a fence - - - not that Elvis was a stranger to law enforcement - - - his license had been revoked six times and suspended 28 times - - - and after the most recent escapade, police charged him with fleeing and eluding, reckless driving, felony habitual, possession of coc.aine, possession of paraphernalia (they found crack coc.aine and a cra.ck pipe in his vehicle), and leaving the scene of a crash involving damage - - - they also wrote him an additional 50 traffic citations alleging speeding, running red lights, improper change of lanes, being a habitual traffic offender, fleeing and eluding - - - oh, and not wearing a seat belt - - -
oh - and you can see Elvis at http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalopnik/2009/02/Elvis_Alonzo_Barrett.jpg
And here's a thousand MORE...
- - - In Pottsboro, Texas , authorities have seized 22 dogs (technically 20 dogs and 2 puppies) found crammed inside a station wagon with their owner - - - the owner locked the car doors and refused to come out when they attempted to serve her a warrant for the seizure of the dogs - - - apparently the ammonia level in the vehicle was 23 parts per million even after the doors had been opened for several minutes - - - the SPCA says that humans start experiencing health issues at 12 parts per million - - - you can see how it looked at http://media.lintvnews.com//photo/2009/02/10/Dogs-In-Car_Gree_20090210113925708_640_480.JPG
- - - In Minot, North Dakota , animal control officials were summoned - - - to help rescue a dog - - - who had managed to climb onto a roof - - - about 25 feet in the air - - - apparently the snow in the back yard of the dog's owner's home was high enough for the dog to walk up onto the roof - - - you can see him happily checking things out at http://hosted.ap.org/photos/3/37d0026a-d92d-486e-9a92-8edfd69cc706-big.jpg
TRIVIAL PURSUITS : You may have noticed that President Obama is left-handed - but he's not the first. Who was the last left-handed U.S. President?
The last left-handed president was none other than Bill Clinton - but George H. W. Bush was also left-handed, as was Ronald Reagan and Gerald Ford . Before that you have to go back to Harry Truman .
Other left-handed presidents include James A. Garfield and Herbert Hoover .
« Funded Status of Pensions Unchanged Since December