Here’s a couple of thousand….
Here’s something to challenge your visual acuity – the Fifth Annual Best Visual Illusion of the Year contest. MORE at http://illusioncontest.neuralcorrelate.com/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=155
You’ve Been Left Behind offers something of a unique service – “one last opportunity to reach your lost family and friends.” It’s a system to send “documents by the email, to the addresses you provide, 6 days after the “Rapture” of the Church.” The service kicks in when “3 of our 5 team members scattered around the U.S fail to log in over a 3 day period.” MORE at http://www.youvebeenleftbehind.com/
Well, this week - it's mostly about words....
- - - In Gwinnett, Georgia , Adrian Lamonte Hargett, 29, and Marzell Levern Walker, 31, were traveling north on I-85 here - - - when a police officer pulled over their vehicle - - - because it had a cracked windshield - - - however a routine check on Adrian's driver's license revealed that he was wanted for arrest by the Smyrna (Georgia) Police Department - - - and there was also was an outstanding warrant in Cobb County for Marzell - - - and when the police impounded their vehicle - - - they saw an "aerosol-type canister" - - - which, upon further inspection was found to have a false bottom - - - which, upon further inspection was found to have a false bottom - - - which, upon further inspection was found to have Ecs.tasy pills inside - - -
- - - In Frankfurt, Germany , an unnamed 19-year old was caught trying to break into a supermarket late at night - - - and he was handcuffed by security personnel to a railing in the store - - - while three of his friends were taken into custody by security personnel - - - but he managed to get away - - - but still had the cuffs on - - - so he thought that the best place to get some help getting handcuffs off was - - - the local police station - - - where he told them he had been locked up by a friend as a joke, and asked for their help - - - but by this time they had been alerted to the break-in at the supermarket - - - the fact that the culprit had gotten away - - - and, upon further investigation, figured out that the best place for him to stay - - - was exactly where he was - - - where he was reunite with his cohorts - - -
- - - In Bridgeport, Connecticut , Victor Rodriguez, 21, was allegedly threatening his girlfriend with his pet python - - - which led to a call to police - - - which, when they arrived, Victor thought he would also threaten with an attack from his 9-foot-long albino python (he allegedly held it out to them and said "Get them!") - - - the python apparently wasn't much of a threat - - - but his attempt was sufficient to get him charged with threatening police and disorderly conduct - - -
- - - In Dallas, Texas , April Sterling, 22, was heading west on LBJ Freeway here - - - when she stopped to pictures of an accident here - - - desiring to get closer to the accident scene so she ran into the HOV lane - - - when she found that getting out of a car on the freeway to take a picture of an accident - - - is a remarkably "efficient" way to wind up on the nightly news yourself - - -
- - - In East Price Hill, Ohio , Marcus Brewster, 21, and a 16-year-old companion walked into a Domino's Pizza here and demanded money - - - however, they should have taken note of their physical surroundings - - - because a a witness saw what was happening - - - and flagged down two police officers from district headquarters -- which was just down the block - - - when police arrived, the two would-be thieves tried to run out of the store - - - but once again, their ignorance of their surroundings meant that they instead ran into a freezer - - - where they were arrested moments later - - -
- - - In Monroe, Ohio , Steven Proffitt, 47, cut locks off refrigerated trucks at Kraft Foods here - - - and managed to make off with - - - - about 840 frozen pizzas - - - his theft led to a police chase - - - and Steven managed to elude his pursuers - - - though he ultimately had to leave behind the truck, pizzas, chain cutters and tools - - - two days later that truck was reported as stolen - - - - by Steven - - - now he's looking at three years in prison for the theft - - - and even more time for failure to comply with the order of a police officer and falsification stemming from filing the fake stolen truck report - - -
- - - And finally, in Atherton, Queensland (Australia), an unnamed woman was driving a car with an unnamed 34-year male passenger - - - who was asleep - - - when another woman driver - - - who allegedly needed some directions - - - pulled up alongside and began trying to acquire them from the male passenger who - - - her intent, however, was apparently not obvious - - - and the male passenger, apparently still a bit groggy from his "nap", thought she was yelling at him - - - and who, in retaliation, began tossing beer bottles at the car - - - - and, for better aim, leaned out of the car window to toss the bottles - - - a perspective which, unfortunately for him, made it easy for him to fall from the car, and into the road, and then into a ditch - - -
Have a GREAT weekend, folks!
Thomas Jefferson and Martin Van Buren are the only two people to accomplish a so-called "triple crown": serving as Secretary of State, Vice-President, and President.
« More Settlements Announced in NY Attorney Pension Probe