Well, here’s a few thousand…
What happens when electricity passes through plants….or at least through a metal board with a plant on top. Cool stuff. MORE at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1199836/The-amazing-plant-photographs-years-making-filled-electricity.html
OK – so your team goes 0-16, and what do they try to sell you? A chance to relive that season in high-def! (sorry Detroit Lions fans). MORE at http://deadspin.com/5315732/is-that-a-threat-detroit
And this one might be worth thousand words....but they would all be "awwwwwwwwwwww....."
You'll want to check out this picture of six-month-old Maltese pup Scooter - - - who is smaller than the Guinness Book of World Records' title holder for smallest dog in the world in height - - - barely the height of a tea cup - - - Scooter's still young, of course - - - but his owner thinks he may have quit growing - - -
...and here's a thousand more...
- - - Near Spain's River Ebro , Jessica Wanstall, 11, who is just 4' 10", and weighs just 84 lb - - - caught a catfish that is nearly 9 feet long, and weighed a record 193 lb - - - yes, she got some help landing it - - - and has a picture to prove it - - - MORE at
and here's another thousand...
- - - In Houston, Texas , Michael Hooper, 54, rear-ended another vehicle in the HOV lane here - - - triggering a chain-reaction crash - - - Hooper was injured, but police were more concerned about the unmoving passenger in his car - - - until they saw what it was - - -
turns out Michael was also "faking" his eligibility for the HOV lane...
TRIVIAL PURSUITS: OK, we all know that Neil Armstrong was the first man to step on the moon.
But who was the LAST man to step on the moon? Bonus points for knowing when that happened…
Eugene A. Cernan , Commander of Apollo 17, was the last man to walk on the moon (December 14, 1972).
The other of the last two men to set foot on the Moon was also the first scientist-astronaut, geologist Harrison ("Jack") Schmitt.
By the way, Apollo 17 - the last manned NASA mission to land on the moon - broke several records set by previous flights, including:
- longest manned lunar landing flight;
- longest total lunar surface extravehicular activities;
- largest lunar sample return (110.5 lb), and
- longest time in lunar orbit.
« Citigroup Gets No Damages from Wells Takeover of Wachovia