According to a Reuters report, the AARP list contains the 15 companies and organizations that the elder Americans’ lobbying group believes are best at:
- encouraging workers over 50 to stay on the job
- offering flexible and part-time work schedules
- providing health and retirement benefits
- encouraging continued career development.
The Reuters report said the older workers’ all-star companies included Howard University in Washington, DC, where 45% of employees are older than 50 and Baptist Health South Florida, a hospital system where nearly half the executive staff is past the half-century mark.
The system has five hospitals. One-fifth of its 8,600 employees are over 50.
The other 13 companies AARP selected are:
- ABN AMRO North America Inc of Chicago
- Prudential Financial Inc. of Newark, New Jersey
- Qualcomm Inc . of San Diego
- Caliber of Alexandria, Virginia
- The Stanley Group of Muscatine, Iowa
- New York Life Insurance Company of New York
- The Hartford Financial Services Group of Hartford, Connecticut
- Adecco Employment Service Inc. of Melville, New York
- DaVita Inc. of Torrance, California
- Ultratech Stepper of San Jose, California
- MITRETEK Systems Inc. of Falls Church, Virginia
- The Aerospace Corp. of El Segundo, California
- Principal Financial Group of Des Moines, Iowa
« Equity Outflows Slow, But Still Flow