The data comes from a consumer survey of more than 1,000 insured adults. The survey found many individuals have trouble understanding:
• The total cost of a health insurance plan—the premiums plus out-of-pocket expenses (32%);
• The differences between plan types such as Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs) and Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) (30%);
• Which providers are in network (26%); and
• Whether referrals are needed (24%).
In order to help insured consumers, Aetna redesigned its Plan for Your Health site. The redesign includes information to help consumers make health benefits decisions during Open Enrollment, such as “Navigating Your Health Benefits For Dummies.”
Other site improvements include:
• Health related articles from Aetna InteliHealth.
• Updated information on options for Medicare beneficiaries.
« Supreme Court of Canada to Hear its First Pension Insolvency Case