After shareholders gave their nod, many of AIM’s funds are set to acquire assets from existing INVESCO funds, according to a news release. Among the moves:
- AIM Money Market Fund acquiring INVESCO Cash Reserves Fund
- AIM Large Cap Growth Fund acquiring INVESCO Growth Fund
- AIM Blue Chip Fund acquiring INVESCO Growth & Income Fund
- AIM Real Estate Fund acquiring INVESCO Real Estate Opportunity Fund
- AIM Tax-Exempt Cash Fund acquiring INVESCO Tax-Free Money Fund
- AIM Large Cap Basic Value Fund acquiring INVESCO Value Equity Fund
- INVESCO Total Return Fund acquiring INVESCO Balanced Fund.
The reorganizations are expected to be completed around November 3.
Shareholder approval was also obtained in connection with the reorganization of INVESCO European Fund into AIM European Growth Fund. This reorganization is anticipated to be completed at a later date.
INVESCO and AIM are both under the umbrella of money manager Amvescap Plc. More information about AIM and INVESCO mutual funds is available at (800) 347-4246.
« Enron, PBGC Come to Terms on Pension Funding