By working together, AEA’s members will have access to a centralized plan, creating economies of scale by pooling assets.
- Alabama Educators will benefit from the following plan features:
- Local assistance and one-on-one financial advice available through Collateral Financial Advisors, an Alabama-based registered investment adviser;
- Access to TIAA-CREF web-based and call center counseling and advice services;
- A choice of mutual funds and annuities from TIAA-CREF as well as funds from other investment providers with no sales charges or surrender fees;
- Access to built-in guaranteed lifetime income; and
- Streamlined 403(b) and 457(b) compliance and administrative capabilities.
“The market volatility of the past several years highlights the importance of working with a financially strong and low-cost provider to help individuals make the most of saving for retirement,” said Dr. Paul Hubbert, Former Executive Secretary-Treasurer, Alabama Education Association. “TIAA-CREF, a provider that exemplifies these qualities, along with Collateral Financial Advisors, an Alabama-based Registered Investment Advisor offering access to objective, fee-based advice, will encourage educators to take advantage of the savings plan and help them seek a safe and secure retirement.”
« EBSA to Hold Webcast About Small Business Retirement Plan Options